|Posted by Sommer on March 13, 2012 at 6:55 PM||comments (0)|
On March 10th 2012, APR headed down to Tombstone, Arizona to meet up with Southern Arizona Ghost and Paranormal Society (SAGAPS) to co-investigate the historic Birdcage Theater. You might remember SAGAPS from 2011's Travel Channel show "Paranormal Challenge" hosted by Zac Bagans. We also had the pleasure of working with Alejandro in Austin host of the YouTube hit web show "Dead Explorer".
The town of Tombstone has tons of old west history and artifacts. The Birdcage Theater is the ipidemy of 1880's wild west culture with over 140 bullet holes inside and original casino tables where Doc Holiday once sat for the world's longest poker game. Some of the paranormal claims include but are not limited to full bodied apparitions, disembodied voices, phantom poker chip sounds, foot steps, and objects moving on their own.
Overall, the Birdcage was a great site to investigate and we are currently reviewing evidence. SAGAPS hopes to release a short film based on the investigation by the end of March 2012! Stay tuned for our next paraunity event when we investigate the haunted Bissman Building in Mansfield, Ohio with the help of Delta Elite Paranormal Services and Ohio Paranormal Investigations.
For more info on Southern Arizona Ghost and Paranormal Society check out this link:
For more info on Dead Explorer with Alejandro check out this link:
|Posted by Sommer on February 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM||comments (0)|
APR opportunity: We are looking for someone who knows how to use a video camera (maybe even has their own setup) to help document what our team does. Are you interested in seeing what it is like to be apart of a real paranormal investigation at some of the world's most haunted locations? Send us an email to email@example.com explaining why you would be a good addition. This is not an investigator position. This is for filming work mainly so no previous paranormal experience required. Serious inquiries only please!
|Posted by Sommer on February 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM||comments (0)|
APR is now going to be helping out with paranormal events aboard the USS Hornet docked in Alameda, CA. Check out the overnight events you can investigate with us at:
|Posted by Sommer on November 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM||comments (0)|
We are excited to announce another step in the Paranorma Unity movement - the APR Coaltion. This is a group of paranormal researchers we trust from all over the world. We are pleased to add Bay Area Ghost Patrol, Southern Arizona Ghost & Paranormal Society and Delta Elite Paranormal Services to this group.
At APR we feel unity and maintaining a commitment to helping those in need is important in the advancement of paranormal research.
The coalition is here to bring together solid and reliable teams to gather the most credible paranormal evidence you have ever seen. Everything presented is real, thoroughly examined by our network of engineers, physicists, doctors, law enforcement officials, and professional photography/video analysts.
If you or your team want to be apart of this movement contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Posted by Sommer on September 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM||comments (0)|
Sunday 9/11 we are going LIVE for our investigation at the San Jose Improv theater. You can follow us on Twitter @alamedaparanorm
We hope to bring more live events at some of our historic location investigation. Any questions, comments, or concerns send us an email to email@example.com
|Posted by SarahRae on July 9, 2011 at 9:31 PM||comments (5)|
1. DAR (Digital Audio Recorder) - These electronic recorders are used to capture EVP's (Electronic Voice Phenomenon). Many paranormal researchers believe spirits can talk to us through this device. The investigator will ask questions of the spirit. When the audio is played back often times a response or voice can be heard that was not heard at the time of the session. It is said the spirits can communicate with us through frequencies/volumes often not heard by the average human ear. After review of the evidence and careful examination these disembodied voices can be found in the white noise of the audio recording.
2. MiniDV (Digital Video Camera) - We use video camera's to capture any evidence of a spirit trying to manifest itself. Often we work in the dark so our camera's are equipment with infrared light sources so we can "see" in the dark. We use static night vision camera's and hand held camera's.
3. EMF detector (Electromagnetic Field) - This piece of equipment has it's pro's and con's. The theory is that a spirit can manipulate the energy around us to manifest itself. The EMF detector can show signs of fluctuations or anomalies in the electromagnetic field. Normal man-made electronics have a frequency of 50-60Hz so most EMF detectors work in this range. When the power is out the reading on a typical EMF detector will be low and when a spirit is nearby the meter may spike to a high range indicating their presence. (APR believes that the EMF detector is a good tool but understands it is not perfect)
4. Digital Thermometer - This is exactly what it says it is, a thermometer. Researchers believe a significant drop in the normal temperature of a room can signify the presence of a spirit.
5. More equipment is used by APR but the above listed is the most commonly used.
|Posted by SarahRae on July 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM||comments (0)|
We will be posting some tech stuff for everyone to review. These are a rundown of the most commonly used items APR uses and updates on any new techniques or equipment we might use on future cases. If you have any questions just send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Posted by SarahRae on July 8, 2011 at 4:54 PM||comments (3)|
Do you know of any haunted locations that APR should look into? Share your ghost stories with us today!