|Posted by SarahRae on July 9, 2011 at 9:31 PM|
1. DAR (Digital Audio Recorder) - These electronic recorders are used to capture EVP's (Electronic Voice Phenomenon). Many paranormal researchers believe spirits can talk to us through this device. The investigator will ask questions of the spirit. When the audio is played back often times a response or voice can be heard that was not heard at the time of the session. It is said the spirits can communicate with us through frequencies/volumes often not heard by the average human ear. After review of the evidence and careful examination these disembodied voices can be found in the white noise of the audio recording.
2. MiniDV (Digital Video Camera) - We use video camera's to capture any evidence of a spirit trying to manifest itself. Often we work in the dark so our camera's are equipment with infrared light sources so we can "see" in the dark. We use static night vision camera's and hand held camera's.
3. EMF detector (Electromagnetic Field) - This piece of equipment has it's pro's and con's. The theory is that a spirit can manipulate the energy around us to manifest itself. The EMF detector can show signs of fluctuations or anomalies in the electromagnetic field. Normal man-made electronics have a frequency of 50-60Hz so most EMF detectors work in this range. When the power is out the reading on a typical EMF detector will be low and when a spirit is nearby the meter may spike to a high range indicating their presence. (APR believes that the EMF detector is a good tool but understands it is not perfect)
4. Digital Thermometer - This is exactly what it says it is, a thermometer. Researchers believe a significant drop in the normal temperature of a room can signify the presence of a spirit.
5. More equipment is used by APR but the above listed is the most commonly used.
Categories: Tech Talk